Mold removal is the process of identifying and removing mold from a home or building. Mold can cause certain health problems, especially if the affected area is severe. This makes it necessary to remove it as soon as possible.
Professional mold removal is more expensive than DIY, but when should you hire professionals?
Mold Removal Vs. Mold Remediation
It’s important to know how mold removal and mold remediation differ before hiring professionals. Mold removal is physically removing mold from a home or building. They can do this through various methods, such as using a vacuum with HEPA filters, scrubbing the affected area with detergent and water, or using a biocide to kill the mold.
Mold remediation is the process of cleaning up mold that has already started to grow in a home or building. This usually involves removing the affected materials, such as drywall, carpeting, or insulation, and treating the area with solutions to prevent the mold from returning. See these mold removal company Orillia, ON professionals to know how it works.
Is It Worth Hiring Mold Removal Professionals?
The cost of mold removal differs depending on the size of the affected area and the method used to remove it. While hiring professionals may be more expensive, there are advantages that DIY mold removal does not offer, such as:
- Professionals have the experience and training to work safely and effectively to remove mold.
- They have the necessary equipment to remove molds, such as HEPA vacuums and air scrubbers.
- They will dispose of the affected materials properly to prevent the spread of mold spores.
- They can help you prevent future mold growth with recommendations for moisture control and repair/replacement of damaged materials.
So, is the cost of mold removal worth it? Hiring professionals, such as PuroClean, to remove mold can be expensive, but knowing that your home or building is safe is worth the cost.
When to Hire Professionals?
If you see mold or suspect it is in your home or building, it’s important to have it inspected by a professional as soon as possible. As mentioned, mold can cause some health problems, as well as damage to the structure of your property, if left untreated.
Here are essential signs you need to call the experts as soon as possible:
- The area of mold infestation is more than 10 square feet.
- The mold is in your HVAC system.
- You’re not sure what type of mold you have.
- You cannot access the area of infestation.
- The affected area is near electrical wiring.
- You or a family member has a weakened immune system.
- You have difficulty breathing.
Tips on Choosing a Mold Removal Professional
If you’ve decided that hiring a professional mold removal company is necessary, there are several considerations to remember when choosing one, including:
- Ensure the company is licensed, insured, and certified.
- Ask for referrals from friends or family.
- Check online reviews.
- Get multiple estimates.
- Choose a company that uses green mold removal methods, such as HEPA vacuums and air scrubbers.
Mold removal is identifying and removing mold from a home or building. While professional mold removal is more expensive than DIY mold removal, there are benefits that DIY mold removal does not offer, which may make it worth the cost. These benefits include experience, proper equipment, and the ability to prevent future mold growth. Call a mold removal company as soon as you can if you think the damage is severe.